Water quality trading is an innovative market-based approach to achieving water quality goals for nutrients such as phosporus and nitrogen through programs that allow permitted emitters to purchase nutrient reductions from another source.
Water Quality Trading in the News
NEW 2018-2019 Funding Opportunity Notice. Click here for Application Package
- October 26th, 2017 – Signing of 2nd Amendment
- January 2016 webcast update (20.1 MB)
- "Integrating co-benefits produced with water quality BMPs into credits markets: Conceptualization and experimental illustration for EPRI's Ohio River Basin Trading " published in Water Resources Research.
- EPRI hosted investor roundtable in NYC (1.1 MB)
- EPRI speaks at 2015 EPA-USDA WQT workshop
- EPRI Wins U.S. Water Prize. Press Release (88 KB)