Water quality trading is an innovative market-based approach to achieving water quality goals for nutrients such as phosporus and nitrogen through programs that allow permitted emitters to purchase nutrient reductions from another source.
- EPRI Hosting First Public Credit Auction. (1.2 MB) Email firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1st to express interest in participating
- Project registry video
- Watch our video!
- New WARMF model technical report
- Ohio River Water Quality Trading Infographic (1.2 MB)
- Summary of EPRI Abstracts (117 KB)
- Update - Spring 2014 (3.2 MB)
Water Quality Trading in the News
Offsets for Supply Chain Impacts
Achieve Corporate Sustainability Goals and Commitments
Credits Backed by Metrics, Modeling, and Full State Approvals
100% of Proceeds are Re-Invested Back into the Program
Must pre-qualify for participation.
Email email@example.com by February 1st to express interest.
- EPRI speaks about Project at ACES 2014 conference
- "Attenuation Coefficients for Water Quality Trading " published in Environmental Science & Technology.View the public webcast.
- March 2014 testimony to Congress focuses on the Ohio River Basin Trading Project. Link to written testimony. Link to video (see 13:31)
EPRI hosted an event on March 11, 2014, commemorating the first stewardship transactions. Read more.
- Ohio River WQT Project addressed in keynote of NACD national conference 2/3-5/2014