Water quality trading is an innovative market-based approach to achieving water quality goals for nutrients such as phosporus and nitrogen through programs that allow permitted emitters to purchase nutrient reductions from another source.
Water Quality Trading in the News
NEW Video Series Captures Stories from Farmers Participating in the Ohio River Basin Trading Project Watch Here
EPRI Announces $2M in Funding from U.S Endowment for Forestry and Communities and USDA to restore forests and carbon credits to Ohio River Basin Trading Project. Read More
- EPRI hosted investor roundtable in NYC (1.1 MB)
- EPRI tests auction for WQT stewardship credits (2.5 MB)
- EPRI speaks at 2015 EPA-USDA WQT workshop
- Fox Speaks About Winning U.S. Water Prize
- EPRI Wins U.S. Water Prize. Press Release (88 KB)
- EPRI speaks about Project at ACES 2014 conference
- "Attenuation Coefficients for Water Quality Trading " published in Environmental Science & Technology.View the public webcast.
- March 2014 testimony to Congress focuses on the Ohio River Basin Trading Project. Link to written testimony. Link to video (see 13:31)