Water quality trading is an innovative market-based approach to achieving water quality goals for nutrients such as phosporus and nitrogen through programs that allow permitted emitters to purchase nutrient reductions from another source.
Water Quality Trading in the News
Public Credit Auction Postponed
The May 20th Public Stewardship Auction for Water Quality Credits has been postponed. Those interested in purchasing stewardship credits can still do so by expressing interest directly to EPRI by emailing email@example.com.
- Fox Speaks About Winning U.S. Water Prize
- EPRI Wins U.S. Water Prize. Press Release (88 KB)
- EPRI speaks about Project at ACES 2014 conference
- "Attenuation Coefficients for Water Quality Trading " published in Environmental Science & Technology.View the public webcast.
- March 2014 testimony to Congress focuses on the Ohio River Basin Trading Project. Link to written testimony. Link to video (see 13:31)
EPRI hosted an event on March 11, 2014, commemorating the first stewardship transactions. Read more.